Monday, September 7, 2009

Terrorist Demands


So Eli has found my weakness.


Now to be clear, I have many weaknesses: peanutbutter, jackie chan movies, paintball, and of course rice crispie treats. If I get any of those items, I will do about anything I am asked (don't tell Bridget.)


I am trying to be a good dad and teach my kids to be polite, play nice, eat healthy, and bath semi regularly. Eli however has found one of my new weaknesses. He can get whatever he wants. He has learned that if he hits the right octave in right decibel, I turn to putty and cave.


He has me hostage, and I give into his terrorism.


When he screams, he gets what he wants. It typically goes something like this:


ME: Eli, dont eat mama's Plant


ELI: AARRCCCHHHAAAAAAAEEERRRCCCHHH


ME: ok go ahead, I guess it is more fiber.

----


ME: Eli, Please get off the kitchen table, it isn't safe.


ELI: AAAARRCCEEHHHEEEACCCCHHHRRREE WHHAAAA


ME: I guess the table can support your weight

--------


ME: Eli, please stop eating that toothpaste


ELI: MMMMEEEEEE AAAAARRR CCCHHHEEEAAAA


ME: at least your breath will smell good.

----------

ME: Do you want some breakfast


ELI: wah (yes)


ME: do you want nummy nummy eggs and toast like dada?


ELI: Ma (either no or more, I am not sure, definately not a yes)


ME: Here is your Bottle, here are your eggs.


ELI: ADDFSEVAAAACCCRRRRRCCCCCCHHHHEEEAAAA NNNNAAAA NA NA NA NA, MA MA MA MA

(as far as I can tell he wants aunt emma or mama or anyone but dada to come feed him breakfast)


ME: I am gonna go take two excedrin and get your mom.

---------------


I do not have the personal restraint to not cave in and I need help: I have already gone through more excedrin, motrin, and tylenol than my liver or kidneys can handle.


At least he takes good pictures



2 comments:

  1. Whit, you continue to make me laugh! Truth be told, though, little tots manage to find their beleaguered adults' hot buttons pretty quickly! Once they find them, you are truly at their mercy as you have so aptly described!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is making me laugh mostly because David is the EXACT SAME WAY!!!! Cambree has a scream that is piercing, people tell us that all of the time. I usually just ignore it, but David gets this twitch and just starts handing her whatever she wants, too too funny!

    by the way this is Tiffany (Byington)

    ReplyDelete