Monday, May 10, 2010

P90X

Growing up is hard. You loose hair in some places and gain it in others. Mattresses seem more firm, my mid-section seems more soft. Some days 6am feels like 10am, and other days 10am feels like 6am. Even with bent knees, it is somewhat painful to touch my toes.

Feeling like something had to change, I felt that infomercials would have answer to my aging dilemma. Hours later I came to the conclusion that a "Kangaroo Keeper," "New Wave Oven," or "Barry Manilow's Greatest hits" might all be things to enhance the quality of my life. But what I really wanted was quantity and quality in my life...

So I am now doing the P90X workout. Here is what I have noted so far:
1. OOOOUUUUCCCCCHHHH. I worked really hard the first day and 7 days later still feel it
2. Apparently there are muscles in the back. You would think that an undergraduate degree in Exercise Physiology and a MD would be enough to know that. But let me bear testimony: there are muscles in your back. I hurt them.
3. Doing this workout makes you want to avoid donuts and junk food... I look at them in anger and say (both to myself and to them) "This is YOUR FAULT!"
4. Gatorade is good. Do not make the mistake of drinking Propel Lemon water before a chest, shoulder, and back workout. I did, and the results are that I was more volume depleted as a result. (In-Out=total in)

All joking aside, I am doing it and make the following recommendations to anyone else. Make it a P97X Take the first 7 days at half speed, then start for real, your body will thank you for it. Mine is hating me right now... but it feels good.

2 comments:

  1. I'd say, "you go girl," but you're not a girl. I think that's the extent all my education got me. haha. I went running today. Used my jogging stroller and took those crazy kids of mine to the park. Okay, I mostly jogged. I also did some pull-ups from the jungle gym bars. I won't tell you how many. I was proud of the number I got, and I was surprised it was more than one! Now I'm eating chocolate cake. I miss you. Good luck with the workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you!! I am the most excited person about this new workout--seeing as I reap all the benefits! Hahaha!

    BG

    ReplyDelete