Thursday, May 27, 2010

Craigslist

I love Craigslist. It seems you can buy, or sell, anything there. But today I have a few gripes.

1. Craigslist is a FREE classified listing. Just because it is free does not give car dealers or real estate agents the right to do all their postings! It is not fair for those of us trying to sell our wares and compete with such glamour!

2. Just because a picture is worth a thousand words, doesn't mean you need to spend a thousand words describing it. Get a picture. Only three things need to be known: Price, Item, Functional or not. We don't need the history, if we are that interested we will ask. If we don't ask, we deserve what we get.

3. Craigslist is not ebay. Don't post car parts. No one scrolling for a new set of wheels is going to stop and think "Maybe I need a new hood for my 53 Studebaker, What a find!" Ebay has a parts section, I highly doubt that anyone seeking vintage car parts lives in your area, and if they do, you probably know them.

4. We craigslist shoppers are inherently cheap. Do not post your$230,000 Shelby Cobra or luxury car. We can't afford them, most of us are looking for something much cheaper, and it just makes us sad. But if you do insist on trying to find a buyer, Put up WAY more pictures... fancy cars are fun to look at, but, You will never sell to one of us.

5. Advertising by "monthly payment" or "down payment" is just downright deceiving, another reason dealers should not be allowed to post.

6. Just because a vehicle ran at one point in time does not mean you can charge what it was worth when it ran. Your Rusted '67 Mustang that does not run is not the same as the car from Gone in 60 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. THIS was really funny. Sorry I didn't read it sooner. Love you Whitney T. Hope your movie is fun, and no kids are harmed in the "making" of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was awesome!! All of your points had me chuckling and a few even had me laughing out loud. Which is fairly impressive considering I live alone and am not prone to talking to myself audibly! Being a fellow craig'slister I can say I agree with every one of those points! You rock Whit! miss ya! Happy Birthday, by the way!

    - Emma

    ReplyDelete