Monday, May 31, 2010

Adventures in Parenting

So, I had plans. Every time we got close to doing what I was supposed to, something happened.

Clint and I were going to go to a Movie: ELi got stung by a wasp.

Clint and I were going to go test drive cars: Dora fell out of a crib and bit her tongue, Eli sprayed himself in the eye with perfume.

Today, Clint and I were going to take his car to the dealership. ON the way we stopped at a store, Eli fell out of the hammock I put him in and cut his lip, and loosened his tooth.

His cut is bad enough that if his daddy didn't work in an ER he would have gotten stitches.

I am no longer making any kinds of plans for anything, for the sake of my kids.

I will tell you this though, I take care of lots of hurt or injured kids. It is really sad. What is worse is that you have to turn off the dad part to be a doctor or turn off the doctor part to be a dad. I sat there and knew he was in pain and what to do to make it better, but could not force him to hold the medicine up to his lip. Instead I opted for a band aid and having his mom sing to him to make him better. Just as we were getting to an ER. I figured he was OK and took him home.

1 comment:

  1. You clearly have to be more secretive about what you're planning.

    ReplyDelete