Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Help

I would like to restore a classic car over the next couple of years and I need input. These are the Cars I think would be cool, any other ideas?

'69 Dodge Charger (General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard)
Early 50's Chevy Pickup
Classic Mini Cooper
Early 50's Studebaker convertible
Model A Ford (20-30's)
68 Mustang

I think a convertible would be cool to drive around, but so would a muscle car, or Studebaker (get it Stud Baker, if I left out the E?!)

Any other ideas? Comments?

2 comments:

  1. Restored Dodge Chargers sell for a pretty penny! If you do one of those, you'd recoup your
    "investment."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she is right. Chargers are not cheap, even junkers, and there is a market for them.

    I would look at the 68 Mustang, or a 67. Near identical. They had an available 390 big block which from personal experience was a fun car to drive/ride in. Also could get them with a 351 cu in which is a really customizable engine, and still lots of getup and go.

    If you want one of those you can just drive down to California, where about 50% of all Mustangs left live, low humidity helps preserve them I think. Houston would rust one through in two years! Sorry, my mom says three...

    This is one that I would classify as my dream car...I would love to build one of these one day, A if i had the time...B if i had the money, and C if I had the shop and know-how.

    http://www.factoryfive.com/gtmhome.html

    Takes a few donor parts from other cars...but it is a true "supercar"...and not one you will see anywhere else, unique and exclusive. Plus you can soup to nuts build these for under $30-50K.

    Looks like a fun undertaking.

    ReplyDelete