Monday, January 4, 2010

Swearing at Children

I have never been someone who swears. I have used heck, darn, shoot, freakin, flippin, etc. Which has made me sound slow in the head to some of those around me, and I am fine with that. Being Eli's dad has sure made it hard.

Yesterday was a TOUGH day. Sunday's always are with afternoon church and no naps. It takes a while to unwind after getting screamed at and cleaning up milk, syrup, crackers and whatever else he was trying to plant in our carpet.

Today, I built a really cool train track at his request. Then he had a melt down. The next think I know he hit his sister on the head with a piece of the train track, while he was in time out he scratched my eyes and hit me in the face. I then proceeded to dress him. He was NOT happy, screaming, scratching and hitting ensued.

I know of lots of four letter words I wanted to use, and I am afraid they will slip out.

3 comments:

  1. Oh good. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh kids. Why do we do this to our selves? And we keep having more!! Sorry man. I'm with Jackie, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, stop--they all mean the same thing, right? :)

    ReplyDelete