Monday, January 25, 2010

Missing Bridget

So, Bridget is Out of town. I get to take care of the kiddos while she is gone. Last night I learned a valuable lesson.

Since Bridget was not there, I asked ELI if he wanted to sleep in Dada's bed. Not only did he want to sleep there, he wanted to sleep on my side. I let him.

He is Truly MY SON: he thrashes and tosses and turns. He also sleeps on his side and stomach.
Here is the time line of last night:
7:30 Eli goes to bed
10:30 I go bed
12:20 Eli hits my nose
1:20 He kicks me in the chest
2:00 I go to the bathroom
2:30 Eli inadvertently kicks me in the groin with the force of a soccer player
3:00 The pain subsides
4:00 Eli says "dada, wake up." I said, "Eli go back to sleep it is still dark outside"
Eli continues to toss and turn until 4:30
4:30 "dada wake up, no more dark outside."
"Eli, Please go back to sleep I am tired"
Eli tosses and turns
4:45 he holds my hand and falls asleep
5:30 He kicks me in the head.
6:15 Dora wakes up.

Needless to say, he will not be sleeping with me tonight. But it was pretty cute at 7 when he got up, "Dada! Me Wake UP!"

3 comments:

  1. haha! I can't wait for you guys to be closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that is how my "vacation" in Houston went. Almost a perfect timeline! I love when he tries to convince me it's not dark outside, and when he is so excited to "be awake". You're an awesome dad, but I am so HAPPY TO BE HOME!

    -Mom/Bridget

    ReplyDelete