Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow Day

So today is Sunday. I was called to shovel the sidewalks at church. On my way in, I heard NPR. They were announcing what churches were cancelled! We are the only church with services on THE SUNDAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

The major roads aren't that bad, but the neighborhoods are pretty slick. It took me 45 minutes to get my car into the garage without hitting anything or getting stuck.

I remember getting excited about no church as a kid. I think I would be bummed if they canceled it today! (Especially now that I a wearing my Sunday Clothes and tie.)

Merry Christmas everybody. (Is sledding in my own backyard with Eli breaking the Sabbath?)

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I would so miss it now, too.

    Sledding is spiritual in my book because you are having a wholesome family activity in the whitest thing nature gives us. Pure fun, if you will ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's only breaking the sabbath if you get over 45mph. That would be the yardstick I would measure it against.
    I wish I had read your post before church. I think I probably took it too much for granted today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete