Thursday, October 22, 2009

Toast anyone?

I am watching Eli today. And not doing a good job of it. I put dinner in the oven and then stepped over to check on Dora (and goof off on the internet)(magnum pi is now on Hulu!).

Anyway, I started to smell something burning! I checked the dinner to make sure I wasn't over cooking it... it was fine. I looked for spillage... it was fine. Thinking I had covered myself, I went to see what type of damage Eli could have done in the other room.

Then kaaching... The toast had finished.

I did not put bread in the toaster.

Neither had Eli...

He put in our kitchen sponge.

Our house now smells like someone tried smoking in the hospital bathroom (it happens, and when it does it does not smell good!)

Thanks for helping with dinner Eli.


4 comments:

  1. Maybe it's time to pack that toaster into a cupboard unless you need it!

    haha.
    Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative chef! Haven't you ever heard of sponge cake? He's now invented sponge toast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ho. Well, it is thin and shaped like bread....and Magnum PI is pretty engaging.

    ReplyDelete