Saturday, October 24, 2009

My little Explorer

Isadora learned to crawl this week. AND Crawl she does! My routine when watching her has drastically changed. I used to put a bunch of toys in front of her and let her decide which one goes in her mouth, and in what order (as they all made thier way into her mouth.)

Well, now she crawls and so the number of potential mouth items has increased. I guess we need to do a better job of picking up after ourselves. Before I give the list of Items in her mouth, I thought I would tell a funny little story. I had placed Dora in the other room with a bunch of toys (before I knew how mobile she was). I then went into the neighboring room for something and got distracted. The next thing I heard was "blah blah pppffftttggtt bla" I looked over and Dora had crawled to the corner and was trying to get my attention. As I looked at her a HUGE smile came to her face. It made me feel good.

Anyway, here are a list of items I have recently pulled from her mouth
1. Eli's stuffed Rooster
2. A baby wipe (I hope clean!)
3. Part of Eli's dinner (a french fry)
4. A sketcher's tag from Bridget's shoe
5. Eli's shoes
6. Bridget's Sandals
7. The lid to a snack can
8. My spare stethoscope (never been used on a patient!)
9. her finger
10. her toe
11. My nerf blowgun
12. ...and when I wasn't paying attention, My Ear.

I love that little explorer and she has sharp teeth! I guess I need to start picking up after myself!

2 comments:

  1. Whitney, I want to go on the record as saying that I think it is incredible you are such a good dad and are willing to write things down for them on top of it all.

    I love your lists. It makes me want to start keeping track of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has become the real life, genuine "Dora the Explorer!" I can hardly wait to see her - she is changing so much.

    ReplyDelete