Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Vienna!

So far I found a shirt that said, "No kangaroos in Austria!"

This blog was published on a phone. You may have to click on pictures to see them. Sometimes they load sideways. 

We had a flight leave from Houston at 1115 to Toronto followed by a 8 hour 30 minute flight to Vienna. The flight got in at 830 in the morning. We got the rental car and headed to the hotel. Marriott let us check in early. We took a nap till 2 then went exploring. 

I'm not sure if it is my jet lag or Austria, but I cannot get my sense of direction here. I've been constantly lost. So if I mislabeled any of the following, please forgive. 

Check this out. No idea if this is a swimsuit. A pantsuit or leggings. 
Check out this weird building. 
This is the National Library. 
Lunch at the park. I had Vienna Sausage and the stuff you can get in the can in the states is very similar. 
This is the library Vienna has some beautiful architecture. 
Walk through the garden. 
Absolutely beautiful. Oh. And a fountain. Pretty beautiful in front of the Parliment. 
Just a random Vienna street. 
Cool clock huh? See the one below? Must have been too hard to read the lower numbers. 
Our visit to the treasury. 
Keys to the Imperial crypts. 
The Crown Jewels. 
The monarch robes. 
Some Austrian treasures. 
This is weird. No idea what it is. 

Beautiful. 
These are the stalions of Lippizaner
Imperial palace apartments and stables. 
What a weird looking bald man. 
St Peters church. We at going to listen to Mozart tomorrow night. 

What a stunning sight. Oh and there is a church too. 
We got free Coke. Then saw this restoration. Kinda funny. Thanks for taking the picture Brooke!
As we were waiting for the metro to give us a ride back to the hotel, a youngish man over heard us talking then asked where we were from. I said USA. 
He then told me that he knew is was the real American Sniper and that I was hiding and had faked my own death. He also told me that while I was hear I should search for the U.S. Air Force base hidden in Vienna. He then rattled of the U.S. Embassy's website from memory   

So even in Vienna I can attract Schizophrenics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment