Thursday, June 12, 2014

Galveston is Fun.

We got up Wednesday morning and decided to do something different. At SeaWolf park there is a submarine and a World War II destroyer. This is one of two left. This submarine operated in WWII and sank several Japanese ships. The destroyer was created to hunt out and sink German submarines. For $6 you can hike all over these ships inside and out. There is really not a lot of room to move around. 
Torpedo!
The wood on top is teak. How cool is that! Eli in front Carla with Amerhyst, Bridget coming up stairs. 
Eli standing next to bunks above a torpedo. 
Emmy spinning a rudder. 
Dora and Eli ran ahead to explore the dining room then engine rooms. 
Dora the Destroyer. 
Big bullet! Oh and some shells too. 
Aiming. 
After exploring the ships, we went to the strand where they have a confectionary. Kids got tons of candy. 
Eli and I found some fun treats. These are ant suckers and scorpion suckers. Yes Eli is already eating his and so excited to say he are a scorpion. But I still csnt get him to eat corn? Kids are weird. 
For lunch we went to Gumbo Diner on the sea wall. Good gumbo. Also beignets  pronounced "Big-Nettie's" for you non southerners. 
We spent all afternoon playing in surf and sand. I left my phone inside so no pictures. Eli and I swam in surf and found about a dozen hermit crabs. Emmy and Dora collected sea shells to make a sea shell necklace when we get home. Emmy liked to dug in the sand then come out into the huge waves. She either hs no sense if fear or self preservation, or thinks a lot more of my life saving ability than she should. 

After dinner we went to Rainforest Cafe. That place is kinda fun. 
Volcano dessert!
Dora offered to give me hair! Combover?
I woke at 4:45 and couldn't go back to sleep. I'm sitting in balcony at hotel watching moon go down and sun come up. I really need to go to bathroom but don't want to wake anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment