Friday, July 19, 2013

Edinburgh castle!

We got up and ate a Scottish breakfast. Then drove to Edinburgh. Parking was hard. Driving on wrong side in narrow foreign streets without a map can be hard.

If you come:
1. Get a map.
2. Get an automatic
3. Bring money for parking Meters.
4. Learn some basics in language. Communications are key.




The outside of castle.



Waiting for admission over the harbor. Such a pretty view.



The portcullis.







Looking down barrel if cannon.











Bridget's ladies in waiting.







Cool swords and daggers.








1 comment:

  1. I found driving on the English side of the road stressful and I wasn't even the driver. I did insist the rental agency give us a map. They gave us an atlas that we promised to return. Beautiful sights - one day don and I may manage to visit there and see them firsthand but for now I'm enjoying the trip vicariously.

    ReplyDelete