Wednesday, April 27, 2011

New Computer

So our old computer stopped working so well. We tried to fix it, but ultimately just got a new one. Buying a computer is weird, not like buying a car.

I am not a computer person, all I do is Internet searches, watch movies, email, vacation research, maybe a word document. So I have a hard time figuring out how all the programs work... or cease to work.

So if buying a car was like buying a computer it would be something like this.

1 Buy the car,
2 Pay for the transmission separately,
3 Have the air conditioner downloaded and installed over the radio
4 Spend 4 hours on the phone being walked through how the seat controls and window wipers work
5 Relearning how to put the car in gear with each new car.
6 Getting a new car every 3 years because the old one stopped functioning for no reason.
7 I am sure there are some kind of land pirates that would periodically drive your car to the store, and come back covered with filthy magazines.
8 If you leave the windows down for so long the car will need to be shut off and restarted to function properly again. And it would work fine after that too!
9 None of this is explained in the manual
10 You would have to click 'I agree' before turning it on for the first time, and every time you listened to the radio

I need to take a class, I feel really stupid.

1 comment:

  1. Whit - you are so funny! I love the computer to car analogy. Have fun with the new computer - I hate getting one because I'm always hard pressed to find all the programs that I bought before. When I do find them, I find out that I need an upgraded version to make them run well on the new computer. I feel your pain...

    ReplyDelete