Monday, December 6, 2010

swearing

I was raised not to swear, and I am glad I don't. I have realized however that I still use substitutions. I think the point of not swearing is to not get too angry.

Lately, I have heard Eli say the following:

"Mama, that is a NITWIT!"

"Those shoes are too small Dada. FRICKEN!"

He uses a couple of more 'swears', and only one of them is he using correctly, and it really makes me upset. He screamed "Stupid baby" to Dora when she took his playdough.

I also realize that he YELLS a lot. He must be getting that from me!

Does anyone have anymore suggestions on how to keep from "swearing" around Kids, and not yelling? Keep in mind I am already maxed out on excedrin and motrin.

3 comments:

  1. i love your posts...they are so real and pretty much describe my everyday life!! The only tip i have is try to whisper to the kiddos when they get in trouble, or really whenever you feel like screaming at them! i found that if instead of yelling I whisper to Cambree when she is in big trouble she listens WAY BETTER! i know it is easier said then done, but if you remember to whisper they tend to listen better and not scream themselves. just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pray. A lot.

    I should pray more after today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if it would work for you, but when the kids were growing up, we had a can in which you deposited money if you yelled or said mean things. The kids just put pennies in which made a difference to them. If you imposed it on yourself, you'd need to make it more substantial to get your attention. Bridget would then get the money to shop with. :)

    ReplyDelete