Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hugs and Kisses

Last night Bridget was out for church stuff so I took care of the bath time ritual, and bedtime routine. I also cleaned up the toy room and still have no idea where all these toys came from. We have toys I haven't even seen before! (I have a great mother in law!)

Anyway, I was getting the kids ready for bed and Dora came up and gave me 4 blankets then held her arms up for me to pick her up. She then gave my neck the biggest hug ever! Then Kissed my chin, my nose, my cheeks... like 50 times. And as I put her down she said "nank noo" (thank you) and "laa lou" (love you).

I am not a sappy individual, but that made up for the whole day of crying, screaming, kicking, fighting, slapping, hair pulling (obviously not mine), Ornament destroying, wall coloring, spaghetti staining, gummi fruit in the seat belts, wall cleaning, stinky diapers, sticky floors, ruined upholstery, sticky ipods, lost keys, missing baby Jesus from our nativity, daily headaches... In short that little gesture went so far, I almost cried.

Now if only Eli would show me some lovin'.


2 comments:

  1. I love it when they do things like that, the hugs and kisses, I mean.
    You're still getting headaches???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whit,
    You are hilarious. I love reading your posts - they are great! And yes, those hugs and kisses are the best.

    ReplyDelete