Thursday, November 5, 2009

6:54AM

Bridget is in NYC for a conference. I am watching the kids on my days off.
It is 6:54am.
Already I have cleaned up an entire bottle of Eli's chocolate milk. Apparently I wasn't doing it right so he took the cap off and dumped all 12 ounces on the table/chair/floor.
While he was doing that the baby fell and hit her head on the coffee table.
While I was calming her down and cleaning him up, Dora spit up.
As I was cleaning that up, Eli got into the freezer and pulled out baking soda and dumped it all over the floor.
While I was cleaning that up, Dora fell...
I think I am done cleaning till the Kids go down for a nap...
Eli is currently running around the house with his hands out like an airplane with a Turkey decoration in one hand and the ballpopper in the other.
Dora is crying now.
I miss my wife.

6 comments:

  1. Youch. You've got the makings for a loooong day. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Whitney.... Too bad we're not closer or we could lock both Hy and Eli in my bedroom for a couple of hours. It's completely baby proof and Hydn would enjoy the company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaa. Kids. Who's idea was it to have them anyway??? I ask that every morning. haha. jk. I'm letting Meg walk around with a banana and no shirt. yep. A whole banana. She is in heaven and I'm too tired to care. I'm sure I'll be finding banana remains for awhile. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good husband! As with most things, this too shall pass - try to enjoy the chance to see all their busy-ness as the miracle it is - healthy, inquisitive, happy, developing little people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man, that does sound like you are in for a LONG day. I think mine might be long over here too. it started off way to early, so now I am grouchy, and I let cambree have a chocolate bar and a sucker at the same time on the couch, yeah I am now paying for that one. I guess I better go clean. Oh and she let the dog in the house and I came out to him sitting happily on my couch eating one of her toys, ARG!! (he is a lab by the way, not a small dog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet it's nice for a mommy to know she is missed! And appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete