Friday, November 13, 2009

announcement

So, I went to the gym yesterday and the treadmill kicked me off after an hour. I restarted it and ran another mile. I ran 8 miles yesterday and felt like I could have kept going. Bridget ran 6 miles the day before so I obviously had to out do that. But it got me thinking...
How hard can a marathon be? 8 miles is just under 1/3 of the total distance and it didn't really bother me too much. I haven't even trained, but I am in shape.
So I did a google search and found a marathon on a Saturday in a place that I actually think would be fun.
So in December of 2010 I am going to run in the Baton Rouge Louisiana Marathon. 26.2 miles. I have a year to train (WAY more than enough time).

Anyone want to join? You get a T-Shirt!

4 comments:

  1. I will support you in your endeavor, but just support. And by support I mean I will cheer you on by the sidelines and watch your kids, that way your wife can do a better job of supporting you, by running with you. I'll just live through you. . . and maybe steal your shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do it with you Whit! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete