Saturday, April 4, 2020

The Virus Who Shall not Be named

Bridget,

Wanted to let you know how proud of you I am. I love your books and writing, it is so fun to see stories materialize. To watch them go from an idea to an outline to a rough draft to a book baby is like watching a kid start to walk, then talk, then run away.

Your writing is good for the world. There need to be more good wholesome stories with intelligence and thought put into them. There are lots of good stories, but the volume at which you can put them out makes it something special too. The broad genres, i think it would be fun to see what you can do with a GOTH Comedy. I am not even sure what that is, but if you can write in post-apocalyptic, romance, suspense, young adult, maybe your books can cross into other genres and tie everyone together. Like Imagine if everyone had a Favorite Author, and that was you. You could unite the world through your writing! I am partly joking. It would be super cool to see what a GOTH Comedy would be like.

On a more serious note, I am really proud of your writing for lots of reasons but one of the most is the example you set for our kids. I think it is good for Eli to see a Strong Woman do what she wants and still have a family, you set a good example for attributes for future wife. My dad (as chauvinist as he is) used to say, "look at the mother for an example of what their daughter will be." I am not sure how to process that, but I think for Eli, seeing and being around a strong role model will help him with future decisions, and unfortunately, your shoes will be hard to fill.

The girls need your writing too. They have a mom who is capable of fighting the world for them, and they see that, but when they are moms, they can have your writing as an example that they can do anything they want or need to do. Being a successful author, attorney, mother, and managing all of that with grace. Your writing doesn't just tell stories, it is also an example of what it takes to be successful.. You should be keeping an ongoing tally of how long it took to write, then edit then publish, and a running tally of how much each book cost to produce, then show that as an example that it isnt easy, but if you work hard enough anything is possible. Also do the same for Law School, and Taxes. Give them info on what it takes to succeed, but then your books will be the testament of time.

So, i have been trying to tell the kids stuff. There are so many things I would need to talk to you about. And some are more personal and too personal for the internet, As Far as I am aware, Emma is the only one that knows about this blog, and that is just in the off chance something happens to me. I wanted you to know how grateful I am for you. I have always been a hard worker but never one with self confidence, always unsure what I am doing, constantly feeling inadequate. It is baggage I have had my whole life. Probably baggage i will continue to carry. But, meeting you, marring you has helped my confidence. I feel like one of those little sucker fish on sharks, i am a Remora. I am more confident and capable because I am stuck to a Shark that no one wants to mess with.

Love isn't about confidence or what benefits I have from you. But I do want you to know that I feel like a stronger person because of our love. Clearly, you are the writer in the relationship. I can barely string together a coherent train of thoughts. It will take me 100 words to say what it would take you 3. But, I feel you should know a few thoughts, on the off chance I don't make it home. Hopefully, i will be able to do/say more, but never know. What a crazy time.

The numbers look pretty good for me making it out. Hopefully the way i live my life shows you how much you mean to me, not just some random words printed off of the internet.

Anyway, I have been writing this on and off and will likely add to it more here and there. I have ideas of what i want you to know, and ideas of what i want to say, then get distracted.

Riding horses is one of my favorite things becasue it is time i get to spend with you doing something you love.

The writing cruise was one of my favorite things because it is time spent with you doing something you love.

I love you, i will write more late



No comments:

Post a Comment