Friday, April 10, 2020

Just A Thought on Refugees

Ok So today kids, I need to tell you a little bit.

I am writing this at work. I just took care of a 34 year old that is not doing well. This COVID is a real thing. I pray he survives the night.

So, here's the deal. A few years ago there were a ton of refugees leaving middle east contries controlled by ISIS. They were flooding into other countries in Europe. People had fear that immigrants would bring terrorism. Others had concerns that it would bring crime. THere are some people in all contries that wanted to help, and some that didnt want to. I understand the desire to help humanity and want to alleviate suffering, but at the time there was a lot of terrorism. The third feeling was that 'stay in your own country and fight for your rights.'

I am not here to tell you what to do. But I will say this: Charity is not just for the nice people of the planet, anyone is willing to help kind good people. True charity is caring for the miserable, and wretched. And instead of finding an excuse why you dont want to help people or a certain kind of people, you should be looking for what you can do. Christ was accused of being a wine bibber. I think that means that he associated more with people that needed help, than those that felt like they had their lives together.

While I was reading Mosiah today I had a few thoughts. First off Mosiah 22 the question was asked by Gideon, Have we been unprofitable servants? Recall this was the same dude that wanted to kill King Noah for being a poor leader, recall he led the people. His question could be " how can we be profitable?" "How can we help?"

They then escaped lamanites and became REFUGEES. These were good people. Hard working people, Faith having people. I believe that after leaving they were adopted by King Mosiah, that they were then baptized.

IN Mosiah 23, the next chapter, Alma was also a refugee, he and his saints left, and the first thing they did was labor to build buildings.

My point is this: you should be thinking
1. How can I help? (Not, How come they can't help themselves.)
2.  WHat work can I do?

The last thing I want to point out is that in the end of Mosiah 23, the lord tries patience and faith.

We are in a COVID Crisis. Instead of complaining about lack of help, I am going to try to ask "what can I do?"
Instead of questioning God, Understand through patience and faith.

As I go into this, I am hoping my faith helps me grow and that i dont burn out. The other thing that I hope is that when we are done with this I can figure out how to help

No comments:

Post a Comment