Sunday, December 4, 2016

Kid letters II

Dear Eli. 
Man. You are growing so fast. I saw you on the beach and that little guy I had to watch and protect is almost gone. I'm so proud of you. But I'm also sad. You are growing so fast. I still see that boyish glee for life and I hope that never goes. On our car trip to Panama City, we watched Swiss family Robinson and you were laughing and laughing at the coconut bombs. Then we put in the karate kid. You screamed with glee, "He kicked him in the face! That was awesome!"

I love you little buddy. I hope we are best buddies. I'm excited to see the little man you are growing in to. 
................................
Dear Dora. 
You are definitely the leader of the family. If mom isn't around. You seem to fall into the role of leadership. Except, the only thing I can get you to eat is meat. We went out to dinner at a seafood place and you asked the the legs that you have to crack open. You. As a seven year old. Want crab legs. So, I bought a big order to share with you. You loved to crack the legs open but didn't like the crab meat. Kinda funny, I had plans for fish tacos. 
But last night, you asked for ribs. You ate like half a rack. Cute little girl. You will be the only 8 year old with gout. 
I love how you include everyone most of the time. I also love how much you love to run. We were at the beach and you out ran your mom. Bridget came to confess that you are already faster than her. 
Maybe we can do a marathon next year. 
........... .......
Dear Emmy 
You bright eyes shine happiness. Unicorns are supposed to only be controlled by righteousness and happiness, according to the legends, if there are unicorns, you will undoubtedly find and be the only one who controls them. Your love for life is infectious. Yesterday at the beach you asked me to bury you in the sand. With only your head exposed you said "This is the Life!" Even as you were spitting sand out of your mouth. 
I think the rest of the kids are mean to you because you are so happy. It makes them feel sad by comparison. 
What is so frustrating is that while they are mean to you. You just go off on your own to have picnics with unicorns and Pokémon. Can I be like you?
....................
Deat Tessa,
You are by far the most expressive. You can read emotions and express so much more than anyone. You get jokes. You roll your eyes at my daddy jokes. You also are so excited to show you're just as smart as the other kids. You write in your "journey", you constantly identify letters. I'm so happy when you want the squeezes. You climb up on your moms lap and her mood improves. You are just so cute. 
You know how to push Emmys buttons and make her cry. You're really smart. You love to paint and draw pictures.   You're smile brightens the world. Your scowl makes it darker. Use your powers for good. 
......      
dear Sammy. 
We named you Knight Pooper for our clash of clan themed week. You have earned that title with honors. Me. You. And your mom are all in the same room. You wake up in the middle of the night to just laugh. Seriously, I woke to hear a large voluminous fart, followed by laughing. You are six months old and already I know you are my son. 
You have three emotions. Happy. Hungry. Asleep. Keep up the good work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment