Sunday, January 29, 2017

More letter to kids

Dear Sammy,

It sure is easy to love you. Your mom is on a cruise so it is  just me with you and your siblings

Last night you woke at 945. I went in and fed you a bottle. Just you and me, you were such a happy guy. I fed you a bottle. And you just sat on my lap smiling. It made my heart happy  

Right now I'm in church and you are asleep in the stroller. 

Love you buddy!
------------------------------
Dear Amythest,

You are going to give me trouble in a couple of years. I know this because you are trouble now. But you're the cute kind of trouble. You have a snarky littl grimace when you're trying to be a stinker. 
 
That is the look of sassy. No one ever needs to be telepathic around you. Your face tells all!!!

Also. You're funny. This is an interchange between you and your mom. 

Me to Tessa : you are a princess and I love you. 
Tessa to me: I hate princesses. 
Me to Tessa: what are you then?
Tessa to me: a warrior. 
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
--------------------
Dear Emmy. 

I love you. You're so funny. You're the only one that lets me get you dressed and ready for church. Last night I put you to bed. You asked if it would be cold. I gave you footed pajamas, and two blankets. You came down this morning and said, "Dad, the two blankets and pajamas were not warm enough! I was so cold!" Then giddily you added, "But when I went out into the hall this morning, it was so warm it felt like a hug!"

Silly girl. 

You make me laugh. 
-----------------
Dear Dora,

You should know that you have a way of getting other people to do what you want. Sometimes they are happy about it. Other times. Not so much. I am pretty proud of you. No one pays as much attention to those around her as you. 

Also. I got to watch you play basketball. I had no idea you were so much taller than the other kids your age. It makes me proud. But we need to work on your ball handling skills. 
-------------------
Dear Eli. 

I hope you don't make honors choir. That's way too much work. I'm proud of you for wanting to do this. I'm also proud of you playing basketball and wanting to do school politics. I don't worry too much about your ability to get a good job in the future. You enjoy learning enough you should be ok. 

We need to work on your basketball skills. And I love how willing to learn you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment