Sunday, October 6, 2013

Conference fun

 I feel like herding cats. Constant chaos, constant noise, constant mess. 

Nonetheless here we are. 
"Hope me DADDY! HOPE ME DADDY"

That's Emmy for help me daddy. 
Before conference I was looking for my cuff links. I only found one. But I did find lots of treasures. 

Here is a pocket watch I have had for over 20 years. Haven brought this back from Russia. It was supposed to be made in CCCP. 
Here is my motorcycle key. It was a 1981 Kawasaki KZ440. Golden and I got it running 
Here are some rings. 
Liberty made me the CTR ring in high school. I think she made it 10-12 years ago. 
The other ring I got in Paris France. Bridget and I were heading to the Louvre. A 20 something man dropped it and pretended to find it. He said "Sir you dropped this."
"Not mine," I said.
"Look it's real gold"
"Keep it, it's not mine"
"I can't I just got baptized," he said lighting up a cigarette, "I'm a good person now and don't steal"
"Huh" I said.
"You keep it." He tossed the ring to me and started to walk off.
After 3 steps he turned around, "I'm hungry can I have a few euros for a sandwich?"
There's the con
I pulled out a snickers and granola bar and handed them with a smile. 
"Can I please have money instead?"
All I had was $0.54.
"This is all I have, sorry."
Discouraged, he took the snickers and 54 cents and left mumbling something in French. 

No comments:

Post a Comment