Monday, July 23, 2012

The one store

The one store: to rule them all and in the darkness bind them.

I am here at 1pm to pick up an Ambien prescription. While waiting, I walked around to get stuff for dinner.

I feel my relationship with Wal-Mart is like Gollum and the ring: he both hates it and loves it (much as he hates and loves himself). I mean, I can get ammo and sewing supplies at the same place I can get veggies.

If you can get help it is awesome. Prices are cheap. But so is quality.

I also find the people interesting. There is a stoner checking out protien shakes and he only weighs buck fifty. One guy is looking at diet aids with several bags chips and bottles if soda in his cart.

It is also interesting that Slim fast is next to whey powder weight gainer. 5hr energy across from sleep aids. Candy is next to the diabetic supplies.

I guess they know their target.

It amazes me what you can get in one stop shopping. But at the same time, if you only need Ambien, and you walk away with hurricane supplies, 12 gauge ammo, flashlights, salsa, and a plastic crate, you may have a problem.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. No, you don't have a problem. It's just that their marketing scheme worked and you're more prepared!! I don't mind going as badly really early in the morning - I just hate going when it's crowded which is most of the time.

    ReplyDelete