Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Camping in my house

I love the outdoors. We tried to take the kids camping last year and it was a failure. We shoved everything into our car at 10pm and drove home.

While Bridget is in Texas, I am up here in Oregon finishing out my contract. Alone. No tv. No radio. I have been sleeping on a futon, and having a hot shower every day. I have also been living off of frosted mini wheats.

It feels like camping without the fire. Then I had my revelation: what I really like is fire.


Maybe my years in scouts and young men fostered my inner pyro! Camping has nothing to do with it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. You're so right. Camping is all about the fire.

    How's the futon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how warm the campout is, everyone is drawn to the campfire!

    ReplyDelete