Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Germany. Frankenstein and Glockenspiel

Bridget and I had a 10 year anniversary planned. We were going to do a Scandinavian tour. Had it all planned out. But then we had a baby. And with four other kids a lot of moving pieces and we decided to delay the trip till spring. In the mean time, Bridget said she wanted to see the Alps. And I took three years of German in high school.... 23 years ago. 

Anyway we looked at how close everything was in Europe and decided to see the alps German and tossed in Brussels as well. 

So here is my travel journal. Updated as we did it. From a phone. Over hotel Wifi. In Europe. 

We arrived at 7 am in Frankfurt and drove to Frankensteins castle. I was excited about this because of the book and the time it was written was when John Hunter and experimental surgery were happening. For me this was really cool.  We were super tired. Jet lagged and trying to figure out our phones. By fun. 
 



     
Next we went to Heidelberg but I didn't have my phone. Then we headed to Munich and saw the Glockenspiel. That was really neat. Munich is an interesting city. Big capital. Nice open spaces. And a concentration camp. 


   
We were very tired and went to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment