Sunday, February 7, 2016

Leppers

I wanted to show a thank you that I got from a patient. This woman was having Chest pain and I noticed a very subtle change on her EKG. I told her it would be ok but we needed to run more tests. The next day while in the hospital she had a stress test then had to have cardiac bipass. Im not sure if the spirit told me or if the years of practicing medicine told me what to do. In any case I attribute my ability to have passed medicine to Devine assistance. She is now doing fine and as a thank you this was given to me. 
Anatomically correct heart cookies. She also gave this thank you note. 
I've taken care of people for almost 10 years now. I'm sure I've made mistakes. Or missed things. But in that time I have probably seen 5000 patient encounters. I have received 3 books, 4 thank you cards, and one plate of homemade bow pork ribs. 

I get paid to take care of people. That is my reward. The savior didn't. He healed a lot of people. There is an account of 10 leppers. One returned. My goal in life is now to be the one lepper. This lady has so much joy. I have seen her dozens of times and she proudly shoes her heart scar. Her life is filled with joy because of gratitude. Gratitude benifits the person who has it. Not the recipient. 

That was the lesson I learned today

No comments:

Post a Comment